- growth of a part of an organism in relation to the growth of the whole organism or some part of it.
- the measurement or study of this growth.
Also al·loi·om·e·try [al-oi-om-i-tree] /ˌæl ɔɪˈɒm ɪ tri/.
Origin of allometry
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the study of the growth of part of an organism in relation to the growth of the entire organism
- a change in proportion of any of the parts of an organism that occurs during growth
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- The study of the change in proportion of various parts of an organism as a consequence of growth.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.