- in alt, in the first octave above the treble staff.
Origin of alt
- either of two keys on a PC keyboard that is held down while pressing another key, as to perform a specific operation or type a special character.
Origin of Alt key
- variant of alti- before a vowel: altazimuth.
Related Words for altAlt
Examples from the Web for alt
Contemporary Examples of alt
Both present alt cert in general—and TFA in particular—as a problem, as a project that urgently needs fixing.
Admittedly, the quality of alt cert programs varies quite a bit.
Alt cert critics often argue that there are flaws in the methodology of some of these studies.
TFA—and some other alt cert programs—are already performing about as well as our main teacher preparation pipeline.
But many conventional doctors are also fed up and are jumping on the “alt med” bandwagon.Clinton Doc: This Is How We’ll Fix Health Care
June 12, 2014
Historical Examples of alt
He was not beautiful, and his voice was three octaves above F in alt."Wee Tim'rous Beasties"
"'Alt, friends, while I 'as a look at you," said the sentry.The Boy Scouts on the Trail
Whoever the war was between, and whatever it was about, Alt Breisach was bound to be in it.Three Men on the Bummel
Jerome K. Jerome
"You whistled the octave of B. in alt," remarked Edith appreciatively.Dodo's Daughter
E. F. Benson
It is only that in every human heart there is a chord that vibrates to C in alt.The Secret Life
- (esp of vocal music) high in pitch
- of or relating to the octave commencing with the G above the top line of the treble staff
- in alt in the octave directly above the treble staff
Word Origin for alt
- alanine aminotransferase