- capable of diminishing sexual desire.
- an anaphrodisiac agent.
Origin of anaphrodisiac
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for anaphrodisiac
Historical Examples of anaphrodisiac
In Concan the juice of the leaves is given mixed with food to animals in heat, for its anaphrodisiac action.
Without doubt it exerts an anaphrodisiac action, on account of which the illustrious Linnæus called it the “drink of eunuchs.”
- tending to lessen sexual desire
- an anaphrodisiac drug
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of anaphrodisia.
- Repressing or destroying sexual desire.
- An agent that lessens or eliminates sexual desire.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.