- any attack of painful spasms characterized by sensations of choking or suffocating.
- angina pectoris.
- any disease of the throat or fauces.
Origin of angina
Related Words for anginaangina
Examples from the Web for angina
Historical Examples of angina
In the night which followed Pascal had another attack of angina pectoris.Doctor Pascal
Frank Mathers thought that his complaint was Angina Pectoris.The Silver Lining
Could it be angina pectoris, or some other strange and terrible disease?The Outrage
It is only used in attacks of cardiac spasm, as in angina pectoris.
It has been thought by some that the pain in angina pectoris might be due to this cause.
- any disease marked by painful attacks of spasmodic choking, such as Vincent's angina and quinsy
- Also called: angina pectoris (ˈpɛktərɪs) a sudden intense pain in the chest, often accompanied by feelings of suffocation, caused by momentary lack of adequate blood supply to the heart muscle
Word Origin for angina
Word Origin and History for angina
- A severe constricting pain, especially angina pectoris.
- A sore throat.