- a city in and the capital of Haute-Savoie, in SE France.
- a department in E France. 1775 sq. mi. (4595 sq. km). Capital: Annecy.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for annecy
That day we left Annecy, and on the next went to prayers at Geneva.The Autobiography of Madame Guyon
Jeanne Marie Bouvier de La Motte Guyon
Then it gave him an opportunity of harassing his enemy, the bishop of Annecy.Voltaire
The car had nearly reached Annecy before Celia woke to consciousness.At the Villa Rose
A. E. W. Mason
Picture to yourself a lake the size of Zug, or Annecy, or Orta.The Alps
Balzac's autumn trip was prolonged as far as Annecy and Geneva.Balzac
- a city and resort in E France, on Lake Annecy. Pop: 50 348 (1999)
- Lake Annecy a lake in E France, in the Alps
- a department of E France, in Rhône-Alpes region. Capital: Annecy. Pop: 663 810 (2003 est). Area: 4958 sq km (1934 sq miles)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012