Words nearby another
Examples from the Web for another
But the tide was turning on this issue, an email from another constituent made clear.
Jones is a veteran of another beloved-yet-controversial animated series on Adult Swim, The Boondocks.‘Black Dynamite’ Presents Police Brutality: The Musical|Stereo Williams|January 9, 2015|DAILY BEAST
“I think for trans men who are dating every time they hook up they have another coming out,” Sandler said.
Shortly after dawn, there was another outbreak of deadly force.
He appeared to understand however belatedly that he was in the presence of another kind of greatness.
I don't know how long I waited—perhaps another hour—when I thought I would try again.The Sign of Silence|William Le Queux
She laid Joy down in a corner of the ravine the furthest removed from the fire; she could not have carried her another inch.Gypsy's Cousin Joy|Elizabeth Stuart Phelps
I have another secret, dear, but this one is not like the other, a sin of my own making.Dangerous Ground|Lawrence L. Lynch
By Seti's side there was another throne, that in which he had set dead Merapi with a crown upon her head.Moon of Israel|H. Rider Haggard
They have done better than the average archaeologist with one or another find to his credit.
British Dictionary definitions for another
- one more; an addedanother chance
- (as pronoun)help yourself to another
- a different; alternativeanother era from ours
- (as pronoun)to try one path, then another
- a different example of the same sortanother Beethoven
- (as pronoun)we got rid of one loafer, but I think this new man's another
Word Origin for another
Idioms and Phrases with another
In addition to the idiom beginning with another
- another county heard from
- dance to another tune
- have another guess coming
- horse of a different (another) color
- one good turn deserves another
- one man's meat is another man's poison
- one way or another
- sing a different (another) tune
- tomorrow is another day
- wear another hat