- Sir Anthony HopeAnthony Hope, 1863–1933, English novelist and playwright.
- Coleman,1904–69, U.S. jazz saxophonist.
- Also Hawkyns. Sir John,1532–95, English slave trader and rear admiral.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Coleman. 1904–69, US pioneer of the tenor saxophone for jazz
- Sir John. 1532–95, English naval commander and slave trader, treasurer of the navy (1577–89); commander of a squadron in the fleet that defeated the Spanish Armada (1588)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012