- a worldwide Jewish movement that resulted in the establishment and development of the state of Israel.
Origin of Zionism
Examples from the Web for anti-zionist
Contemporary Examples of anti-zionist
The remarks were first reported on the anti-Zionist website Mondoweiss.Pro-Israel Activist Josh Block Attacks U.S. Foreign Service As Working For Arab States
November 1, 2013
Thus, in its recent decision, the Jewish Student Union expressed anti-Zionist sentiments.J Street U Rejected for Standing Behind IDF Soldiers
October 11, 2013
I also agree that there is something essentially anti-Zionist about the entire process.Why The Prisoner Release Reinforces The Occupied/Occupier Relationship
Emily L. Hauser
July 31, 2013
But spend enough time reading the anti-Zionist left and you notice a pattern.
Second, that the anti-Zionist left would say nothing at all.
Historical Examples of anti-zionist
Within a few months of this appointment, public anti-Zionist demonstrations were permitted throughout the land.With the Judans in the Palestine Campaign
J. H. (John Henry) Patterson
- a person who is opposed to Zionism
- opposed to Zionismhe was anti-Zionist and not anti-Semitic
- a political movement for the establishment and support of a national homeland for Jews in Palestine, now concerned chiefly with the development of the modern state of Israel
- a policy or movement for Jews to return to Palestine from the Diaspora
The belief that Jews (see also Jews) should have their own nation; Jewish nationalism. Zionism gained much support among Jews and others in the early twentieth century, and the hoped-for nation was established in the late 1940s in Palestine, as the state of Israel. Zionism is opposed by most Arabs. (See Arab-Israeli conflict.)