Origin of fungal
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- inhibiting the growth of fungi
- (of a drug) possessing antifungal properties and therefore used to treat fungal infections
- of, derived from, or caused by a fungus or fungifungal spores; a fungal disease
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
1835, from Modern Latin fungalis, from fungus (see fungus).
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Destroying or inhibiting the growth of fungi.
- An antifungal drug.
- Of, relating to, resembling, or characteristic of a fungus.
- Caused by a fungus.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.