[an-tee-muh-lair-ee-uh l, an-tahy‐]Medicine/Medical, Pharmacology
- of or relating to a substance that is used in the treatment or prevention of malaria.
- any such substance, as a drug.
Origin of antimalarial
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for antimalarial
Historical Examples of antimalarial
In antimalarial work it is desirable to distinguish the anopheline mosquitoes from the culicine species in all stages.Handbook of Medical Entomology
William Albert Riley
- effective in the treatment of malaria
- an antimalarial drug or agent
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Preventing or relieving the symptoms of malaria.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.