- efficacious against scurvy.
- an antiscorbutic agent, as ascorbic acid.
Origin of antiscorbutic
Examples from the Web for antiscorbutic
Historical Examples of antiscorbutic
There is almost no experimental data on the antiscorbutic value of eggs.
Such, however, was not our experience in respect to the antiscorbutic vitamine.
The antiscorbutic potency of blood may perhaps be compared to that of milk.
It has been proposed to introduce the red subacid wines as drinks for our sailors, because of their antiscorbutic qualities.
Most of the other antiscorbutic and anti-venereal drops advertised by quacks have a like composition.
- preventing or curing scurvyantiscorbutic foods
- an antiscorbutic remedy or agent
Word Origin and History for antiscorbutic
- Preventing or relieving scurvy.