Origin of antitoxin
Related Words for antitoxinantibiotic, medicine, antiseptic, antiserum, vaccine, antibody, serum, preventive, antivenin, counteractant, counteragent, neutralizer
Examples from the Web for antitoxin
Historical Examples of antitoxin
If we wait until the disease develops, the antitoxin is of no value.Health on the Farm
H. F. Harris
This antitoxin should be administered only by a competent veterinarian.Special Report on Diseases of the Horse
United States Department of Agriculture
Meanwhile the bacteriologists are steadily at work on a vaccine or antitoxin.
We have no antitoxin and no bacteriologic means of positive diagnosis.
The antitoxin has been found, and it is applied successfully.The Battle with the Slum
Jacob A. Riis.
- an antibody that neutralizes a toxin
- blood serum that contains a specific antibody
- An antibody formed in response to and capable of neutralizing a specific biological toxin.
- Serum containing antitoxins that is used to prevent or treat diseases caused by biological toxins, such as tetanus and diphtheria.
- An antibody formed in response to and capable of neutralizing a specific toxin of biological origin. Compare toxin.
- An animal or human serum containing antitoxins, used to prevent or treat diseases caused by biological toxins, such as tetanus, botulism, and diphtheria.