- Pharmacology. aspirin, phenacetin, and caffeine: a compound formerly used in headache and cold remedies.
- Facetious. any all-purpose cure.
- armored personnel carrier.
Also A.P.C. (for defs 1, 2).
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for apc
As you know I also own Barrett .50′s so your APC are defunct and futile.Rogue L.A. Cop’s Facebook Manifesto: ‘You Will Now Live the Life of Prey’
The Daily Beast
February 8, 2013
- acetylsalicylic acid, phenacetin, and caffeine; the mixture formerly used in headache and cold tablets
- Australian old-fashioned, slang a quick wash
for sense 2: abbreviation for armpits and crotch
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- acetylsalicylic acid, phenacetin, and caffeine (combined as an antipyretic and analgesic)
- antigen-presenting cell
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.