- a seaport in and the capital of Western Samoa, on N Upolu.
- an island in Western Samoa, in the S Pacific: the home of Robert Louis Stevenson for the last five years of his life. 430 sq. mi. (1113 sq. km). Capital: Apia.
- an independent country comprising the W part of Samoa: formerly a trust territory of New Zealand. 1133 sq. mi. (2935 sq. km). Capital: Apia.
Examples from the Web for apia
Historical Examples of apia
Never was a match in Apia that gave a rosier promise of success.
The general verdict of Apia was that he was "very superior."
Four of them lived far from Apia, and were therefore unavailable.
Apia (Samoa) had been occupied by British forces on Aug. 29.
For weeks beforehand the dressmakers of Apia had to work overtime.The Life of Mrs. Robert Louis Stevenson
Nellie van De Grift Sanchez
- the capital of (Western) Samoa: a port on the N coast of Upolu. Pop: 41 000 (2005 est)
- an island in the SW central Pacific, in Samoa. Chief town: Apia. Pop: 134 400 (2001). Area: 1114 sq km (430 sq miles)
- See Samoa (def. 1)