- a treelike appearance, as in certain minerals or fossils.
- Anatomy. the branchlike appearance characteristic of certain nerve-cell outgrowths.
Origin of arborization
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for arborization
The arborization of the metal as it spreads out from the main shaft of the hinge is beautifully decorative in effect.The Thirteenth
James J. Walsh
- a branching treelike appearance in certain fossils and minerals
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- The treelike terminal branching of nerve fibers or blood vessels.
- The leaflike pattern formed under certain conditions by a dried smear of cervical mucus.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.