- an ancient country in W Asia: now divided between Armenia, Turkey, and Iran.
- Also called, Armenian Republic. a republic in Transcaucasia, S of Georgia and W of Azerbaijan. About 11,500 sq. mi. (29,800 sq. km). Capital: Yerevan.
- a city in W central Colombia.
Examples from the Web for armenia
Contemporary Examples of armenia
An additional three were arrested in Armenia and four in Medellín for their involvement, according to ICE.Colombian Beauty Queen Arrested for Running Child Prostitution Ring
October 17, 2014
“I was raised with a huge Armenian influence, always hearing stories of Armenia, celebrating Armenian holidays,” said Kim.Kim Kardashian Butts Into Syria’s (Online) Civil War With #SaveKessab Campaign
Marlow Stern, Michael Weiss
March 31, 2014
Not all the dominos have fallen: Armenia, for example, shelved its version of the anti-propaganda law after a Western outcry.Putin’s Post-Sochi LGBT Crackdown
February 24, 2014
Putin has successfully done so now in both the Ukraine and Armenia.Putin’s Power Grab: First Armenia, Now Ukraine
December 4, 2013
His family had experienced real Nazis—not metaphorical ones—in Armenia during the Second World War.Wingnuts Excerpt—"Obama as Hitler"
March 31, 2010
Historical Examples of armenia
Say he may not sit upon the throne of Armenia, will he suffer from that as we shall suffer?
Son of Armenia, we have heard your own judgment in this case, and now tell us, what ought we to do?
So the soldiers were the guests of Armenia for the day, and rested for that night.
It is the frontier river between Armenia and the country of the Carduchians.Anabasis
Leo II, in royal costume, is on one side; the lion of Armenia on the other.
- a republic in NW Asia: originally part of the historic Armenian kingdom; acquired by Russia in 1828; became the Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic in 1936; gained independence in 1991. It is mountainous, rising over 4000 m (13 000 ft). Language: Armenian. Religion: Christian (Armenian Apostolic) majority. Currency: dram. Capital: Yerevan. Pop: Pop: 2 974 184 (2013 est). Area: 29 800 sq km (11 490 sq miles)
- a former kingdom in W Asia, between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea, south of Georgia
- a town in central Colombia: centre of a coffee-growing district. Pop: 349 000 (2005 est)