- an ornamental band worn on the arm, especially a bracelet worn high on the arm, rather than on the wrist.
- a little inlet or arm: an armlet of the sea.
Origin of armlet
Examples from the Web for armlet
Historical Examples of armlet
The armlet struck the Triton on the head and he sank down dead.
Notscha laughed and said: “And there he has gone and made my armlet bloody!”
And he once more sat down on a stone, in order to wash his armlet.
I wore my badge and my armlet when I was on duty and sometimes when I was not.
The armlet he sent as a present to the Queen, and the bracelet to the Princess.The Book of Romance
- a small arm, as of a lake, the sea, etc
- a band or bracelet worn round the arm for ornament, identification, etc
- a very short sleeve on a garment
1530s, diminutive of arm (n.1).