- adopted in order to deceive; fictitious; pretended; feigned: an assumed name; an assumed air of humility.
- taken for granted; supposed: His assumed innocence proved untrue.
Origin of assumed
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for assumedly
Compounds have been put upon the market which assumedly claim to be cures for tackiness.The Preparation of Plantation Rubber
- false; fictitiousan assumed name
- taken for grantedan assumed result
- usurped; arrogatedan assumed authority