- adopted in order to deceive; fictitious; pretended; feigned: an assumed name; an assumed air of humility.
- taken for granted; supposed: His assumed innocence proved untrue.
Origin of assumed
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for assumedly
Historical Examples of assumedly
Compounds have been put upon the market which assumedly claim to be cures for tackiness.The Preparation of Plantation Rubber
- false; fictitiousan assumed name
- taken for grantedan assumed result
- usurped; arrogatedan assumed authority
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012