adjective, a superl. of little with less or lesser as compar.
adverb superl. of little with less as compar.
Words nearby least
Idioms for least
- at the lowest estimate or figure: The repairs will cost at least $100.
- at any rate; in any case: You didn't get a good grade, but at least you passed the course.
Origin of least
British Dictionary definitions for at least
- the least the superlative of little you have the least talent of anyone
- (as pronoun; functioning as sing)least isn't necessarily worst
- if nothing elseyou should at least try
- at the least
Word Origin for least
Idioms and Phrases with at least (1 of 2)
Also, at the least. According to the lowest possible assessment, no less than. For example, At least a dozen more chairs are needed, or The job will take four hours at the least. [c. 1050]
Anyway, anyhow, as in At least you got there on time, or The children enjoyed the dessert at least. [c. 1050] For synonyms, see at any rate; in any case.
Idioms and Phrases with at least (2 of 2)
In addition to the idioms beginning with least
- least of all
- least resistance, line of
- at least
- in the least
- last but not least
- to say the least