- Australia, New Zealand, and neighboring islands in the S Pacific Ocean.
Origin of Australasia
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for australasian
That picture has now become the image by which the whole Australasian tour will be remembered.Kate Middleton's History of Flesh-Flashing Wardrobe Malfunctions
May 29, 2014
Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 24 (4), 355-373.15 Signs You'll Raise a Genius
October 24, 2011
The career of this man is a curiosity of Australasian literature.
The Sophia Jane was the first steamer in Australasian waters.The Beginning Of The Sea Story Of Australia
The air was still, heavy, and parched with the breath of the Australasian sirocco.A Strange Story, Complete
On this occasion at Exeter, it was one of our own Australasian prelates who preached the sermon.The Retrospect
The Australasian colonies have pursued a very various policy.
- a native or inhabitant of Australasia
- of or relating to Australia, New Zealand, and the neighbouring islands
- (of organizations) having members in Australia and New Zealand
- Australia, New Zealand, and neighbouring islands in the S Pacific Ocean
- (loosely) the whole of Oceania
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012