- from the same organism: an autologous graft.
Origin of autologous
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (of a tissue graft, blood transfusion, etc) originating from the recipient rather than from a donor
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Of or relating to a natural, normal occurrence in a certain type of tissue or in a specific structure of the body.
- Of or relating to a graft in which the donor and recipient areas are in the same individual.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Derived or transplanted from the same individual's body.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.