- suitable or ready for use; of use or service; at hand: I used whatever tools were available.
- readily obtainable; accessible: available resources.
- having sufficient power or efficacy; valid.
- Archaic. efficacious; profitable; advantageous.
Origin of available
Synonyms for availableSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Antonyms for available
Related Words for availabilitytime, opportunity, show, cut, shot, fling, run, possibility, vacancy, squeak, connection, place, scope, go, occasion, whack, availability, look-in
Examples from the Web for availability
Contemporary Examples of availability
Hitchcock is silent for a moment as Batliner checks on Connery's availability.Alfred Hitchcock’s Fade to Black: The Great Director’s Final Days
December 13, 2014
Everyone was very generous with their time, and their availability.Jon Stewart Talks ‘Rosewater’ and the ‘Chickensh-t’ Democrats’ Midterm Massacre
November 9, 2014
Internet availability was “intermittent” and other forms of communication scarce.$10,000 a Month for Ebola Fighters
October 7, 2014
Supposedly, unemployment is always directly linked to the availability of jobs.Paul Ryan’s New Plan Is a Good One, Especially for Black People
July 30, 2014
“I think the main reason is the availability of information and community groups that the Internet provides,” said Obsidian.The Next Big Environmental Fight: Tampons?
May 2, 2014
Historical Examples of availability
His nomination was not due to his strength, but to his availability.The New Nation
Frederic L. Paxson
Even more may be said in favour of the availability of this practice.
They reasoned against his availability, and their argument prevailed.
They have all recognized the potency and availability of that force.Primitive Psycho-Therapy and Quackery
Robert Means Lawrence
Its availability makes it excellent for plants that need forcing.
- obtainable or accessible; capable of being made use of; at hand
- US politics derogatory suitable for public office, usually as a result of having an inoffensive characterSmith was a particularly available candidate