- causing or inducing awe; inspiring an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, or fear: an awesome sight.
- exhibiting or marked by awe; showing reverence, admiration, or fear.
- Slang. very impressive: That new white convertible is totally awesome.
Origin of awesome
Examples from the Web for awesomely
Contemporary Examples of awesomely
Most of them awesomely feature some sort of musical performance.Psych’s 13 Best Musical Moments
December 15, 2013
Or is he a captive of his own limitations, a smart, seasoned, and awesomely uninspiring politician?Mitt Romney Faces High Stakes in NBC Debate With Surging Newt Gingrich
January 23, 2012
They are, awesomely, still together, both on DVD and nearly every night, for hours at a time.Happy 25th Birthday, Golden Girls!
November 12, 2010
Historical Examples of awesomely
Awesomely it sounded at the touch of the god, while he sang sweetly to its note.Hesiod, The Homeric Hymns, and Homerica
Homer and Hesiod
In the all too near distance, awesomely vast and ruddy columns of fire rose and fell with monotonous regularity.Vulcan's Workshop
"We will all have to die too," she said, awesomely to herself, her eyes traveling about the circle of faces.Saturday's Child
The acid—if that was what the red stuff was—was awesomely powerful, at least with inorganic substances.The Raid on the Termites
A breeze fluttered sash ends and tugged at cloaks, otherwise the assembly was motionless and awesomely quiet.Plague Ship
- inspiring or displaying awe
- slang excellent or outstanding