- causing or inducing awe; inspiring an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, or fear: an awesome sight.
- exhibiting or marked by awe; showing reverence, admiration, or fear.
- Slang. very impressive: That new white convertible is totally awesome.
Origin of awesome
Examples from the Web for awesomeness
Contemporary Examples of awesomeness
The rest of the world does not seem to be as into celebrating our awesomeness—dude, BLACK PRESIDENT!Chicago Dodged a Bullet
Ana Marie Cox
October 2, 2009
Historical Examples of awesomeness
There's just no awesomeness to it, no sense of depth or immensity.The Dope on Mars
John Michael Sharkey
It was this awesomeness, this incredibility, that overwhelmed her.The Side Of The Angels
Why is there so much emphasis on the awesomeness of Nature on the island?Dramatic Technique
George Pierce Baker
Dil did not notice the strain in the eyes, the awesomeness of facing death.In Wild Rose Time
Amanda M. Douglas
You know that is the place because of the awesomeness that comes to you.A Melody in Silver
- inspiring or displaying awe
- slang excellent or outstanding