Origin of axial
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- relating to, forming, or characteristic of an axis
- situated in, on, or along an axis
Word Origin and History for axially
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Relating to or characterized by an axis; axile.
- Relating to or situated in the head and trunk region of the body.
- Relating to or parallel with the long axis of a tooth.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.