- of or relating to the philosopher Francis Bacon or his doctrines.
- an adherent of the Baconian philosophy.
Origin of Baconian
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of or relating to Francis Bacon, the philosopher, or to his inductive method of reasoning
- a follower of Bacon's philosophy
- one who believes that plays attributed to Shakespeare were written by Bacon
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012