- Also called Banff·shire [bamf-sheer, -sher] /ˈbæmf ʃɪər, -ʃər/. a historic county in NE Scotland.
- a seaport in this district.
- a resort town in Banff National Park.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for banff
The return by the east coast was through the counties of Moray and Banff to Aberdeen.Robert Burns
Cyril,” she asked, “has Harry given you our address at Glacier and Banff?Prescott of Saskatchewan
That's my Lady Banff's—I gave her a bit of my mind the other evening.
You must blame the Earl of Banff, not me; he kept me with him until after eight o'clock.
I live in the suburbs of Banff now in Miss Joness old house.The Romance of His Life
- a town in NE Scotland, in Aberdeenshire. Pop: 3991 (2001)
- a town in Canada, in SW Alberta, in the Rocky Mountains: surrounded by Banff National Park . Pop: 7135 (2001)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012