- Also called Banff·shire [bamf-sheer, -sher] /ˈbæmf ʃɪər, -ʃər/. a historic county in NE Scotland.
- a seaport in this district.
- a resort town in Banff National Park.
Examples from the Web for banffshire
Historical Examples of banffshire
Ballindalloch (near), Banffshire:reputed chambered mound, 117.The Testimony of Tradition
From the singing of an old woman in Buckie, Enzie, Banffshire.
She is a native of Banffshire, and learned the ballad there in her infancy.
A man in Banffshire rented a small farm from a game-preserving laird.Cats
W. Gordon Stables
In Banffshire the peat fires are covered with ashes and smoothed down.Threads of Grey and Gold
- (until 1975) a county of NE Scotland: formerly (1975–96) part of Grampian region, now part of Aberdeenshire
- a town in NE Scotland, in Aberdeenshire. Pop: 3991 (2001)
- a town in Canada, in SW Alberta, in the Rocky Mountains: surrounded by Banff National Park . Pop: 7135 (2001)