- acceptable for processing by a bank: bankable checks and money orders.
- considered powerful, prestigious, or stable enough to ensure profitability: Without bankable stars the film script aroused no interest.
Origin of bankable
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- appropriate for receipt by a bank
- dependable or reliablea bankable promise
- (esp of a star) likely to ensure the financial success of a film
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012