- money in one's possession; monetary resources.
- Informal. to finance; provide funds for: to bankroll a new play.
Origin of bankroll
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for bankrollermerchant, tycoon, broker, backer, speculator, entrepreneur, banker, capitalist, operator, stockbroker, manipulator, money, businessperson, sponsor, moneybags, usurer, bankroller, grubstaker
- the person or organization that provides the finance for a project, business, etc
- a roll of currency notes
- the financial resources of a person, organization, etc
- (tr) slang to provide the capital for; finance
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper