- (of a prizefight, prizefighter, etc.) without boxing gloves; using the bare fists.
- without conventional niceties; rough-and-tumble.
- without boxing gloves.
- in a rough-and-tumble manner.
Origin of bareknuckle
Examples from the Web for bare-knuckle
Contemporary Examples of bare-knuckle
The Spy Who Came In from the Cold, my third book, changed my life and put me on bare-knuckle terms with my abilities.The Stacks: How The Berlin Wall Inspired John le Carré’s First Masterpiece
John le Carré
November 8, 2014
How could it be that this word, and not “what” or “why,” has caused a bare-knuckle brawl at such a stratospheric social level?How One Lawsuit Shows What’s Wrong With America
October 20, 2014
After the bare-knuckle brawl Ben Quayle has faced, however, his brother may think twice about following his lead.Ready for Another Quayle?
August 13, 2010
- without boxing glovesa bare-knuckle fight
- aggressive and without reservationsa bare-knuckle confrontation