- belonging or pertaining to the Batrachia, a former group comprising the amphibians, and sometimes restricted to the salientians.
- an amphibian, especially a salientian.
Origin of batrachian
Examples from the Web for batrachian
Historical Examples of batrachian
Although the batrachian is of the genus bufo, he is by no means a buffo genius.
There were remarkable reptiles belonging to the frog or Batrachian family.Chatterbox, 1906
He exploits the batrachian or the reptile with no less animation.
The batrachian is not indispensable; a Mole will serve as well or even better.
To many of us the differences between a reptile and a batrachian are unknown.The Log of the Sun
- any amphibian, esp a frog or toad
- of or relating to the frogs and toads
Word Origin for batrachian
- Relating to tailless amphibians, such as frogs and toads.