- Music. basso continuo.
- blind copy: used as a notation on the carbon copy of a letter or other document sent to a third person without the addressee's knowledge.Also bcc
- Scuba Diving. buoyancy compensator.
- British Columbia, Canada (approved for postal use).
or B and C
- Insurance. building and contents.
- before Christ (used in indicating dates).
- bills for collection.
- Bachelor of Chemistry.
- Bachelor of Commerce.
- bass clarinet.
- battery commander.
- British Columbia.
Examples from the Web for bc
Of course this was 40 years ago, which to a digital Millennial might as well make it 99 BC.My Time on the Set of 'Jaws,' or How to Get a Photo of a Frickin' Mechanical Shark
August 17, 2014
The first unambiguous evidence of fortification walls dates from around 4300 BC in what is now Turkey.War! What Is It Good For? A Lot
August 13, 2014
For hundreds of years, around the first millennium BC, the house of worship and its home city were renowned as holy sites.Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
July 24, 2014
Later, around 400 BC, they invented faloodeh: rice water, vermicelli, and ice mixed with saffron and/or fruit.An Investigation Into the Delicious Origins of Ice Cream
July 13, 2014
Built circa 2700 BC, it is the oldest freestanding mud-brick building in the world.The Nile: Where Ancient and Modern Meet
June 21, 2014
On measurement the air in (BC) will be found to have just one-half of its original volume.Physics
Willis Eugene Tower
If BC is, say, 40 ft., that will be the height of your “stick of timber.”
Machine ab to bc, of the sole piece (fig. 2), open and press the seam.Needlework Economies
If BC is, say 40 ft., that will be the height of your "stick of timber."
BC, is the back check which is simply a piece of wood with a thick piece of felt glued to the inner face and suspended on a wire.Piano Tuning
J. Cree Fischer
- Also: B.C. (indicating years numbered back from the supposed year of the birth of Christ) before Christin 54 bc Caesar came Compare AD
- British Columbia
Word Origin and History for bc
abbreviation of Before Christ, in chronology, attested by 1823. The phrase itself, Before Christ, in dating, with exact years, is in use by 1660s.