- a small cloth bag filled with dried beans, as for tossing in various children's games.
- any such game.
- any similar bag used as a cushion or support, as the base for an ashtray, etc.
- Also called beanbag chair. a large, soft, frameless chair resembling a beanbag, typically a clothlike plastic shell, filled with plastic chips, that molds itself readily to the contours of the occupant.
Origin of beanbag
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019
- a small cloth bag filled with dried beans and thrown in games
- Also called: sag bag a very large cushion loosely filled with foam rubber or polystyrene granules so that it moulds into a comfortable shape: used as an informal low seat
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper