- a small cloth bag filled with dried beans, as for tossing in various children's games.
- any such game.
- any similar bag used as a cushion or support, as the base for an ashtray, etc.
- Also called beanbag chair. a large, soft, frameless chair resembling a beanbag, typically a clothlike plastic shell, filled with plastic chips, that molds itself readily to the contours of the occupant.
Origin of beanbag
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a small cloth bag filled with dried beans and thrown in games
- Also called: sag bag a very large cushion loosely filled with foam rubber or polystyrene granules so that it moulds into a comfortable shape: used as an informal low seat