- of or like a beast; bestial.
- Informal. nasty; unpleasant; disagreeable.
- Chiefly British Informal. very; exceedingly: It's beastly cold out.
- British Informal. disagreeably; outrageously: beastly rude.
Origin of beastly
SynonymsSee more synonyms for beastly on Thesaurus.com
2. abominable, hateful, vile, foul, mean, disgusting.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for beastliness
It was due to their low wages and to the beastliness of their employers.G. K. Chesterton, A Critical Study
He doesnt like the beastliness out there for its own sake, any more than Marmaduke will.The Rough Road
William John Locke
I won't be eaten up by bugs and all kinds of beastliness, for any one.
Even her beastliness sank out of sight beside that treachery.The Combined Maze
For beastliness is not a character of beasts; it is the arrest of man.Demonology and Devil-lore
Moncure Daniel Conway
- informal unpleasant; disagreeable; nastybeastly weather
- obsolete of or like a beast; bestial
- informal (intensifier)the weather is so beastly hot
Word Origin and History for beastliness
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper