- of or like a beast; bestial.
- Informal. nasty; unpleasant; disagreeable.
- Chiefly British Informal. very; exceedingly: It's beastly cold out.
- British Informal. disagreeably; outrageously: beastly rude.
Origin of beastly
Synonyms for beastlySee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for beastlinessavarice, malice, greed, closeness, disrepute, parsimony, wickedness, rapacity, corruptness, covetousness, frugality, infamy, degradation, malignity, debasement, baseness, iniquity, pettiness, degeneracy, unworthiness
Examples from the Web for beastliness
Historical Examples of beastliness
It was due to their low wages and to the beastliness of their employers.G. K. Chesterton, A Critical Study
He doesnt like the beastliness out there for its own sake, any more than Marmaduke will.The Rough Road
William John Locke
I won't be eaten up by bugs and all kinds of beastliness, for any one.
Even her beastliness sank out of sight beside that treachery.The Combined Maze
For beastliness is not a character of beasts; it is the arrest of man.Demonology and Devil-lore
Moncure Daniel Conway
- informal unpleasant; disagreeable; nastybeastly weather
- obsolete of or like a beast; bestial
- informal (intensifier)the weather is so beastly hot