noun British Metalworking.

a triphammer in which the cams act at a point along the helve, partway between the fulcrum and the head.

Nearby words

  1. belly pack,
  2. belly pan,
  3. belly slam,
  4. belly-bust,
  5. belly-flop,
  6. belly-land,
  7. belly-slam,
  8. belly-wash,
  9. bellyache,
  10. bellyband

Origin of belly-helve

First recorded in 1880–85 Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019