- pertaining to or in honor of a 200th anniversary: bicentennial celebration; a bicentennial exposition.
- consisting of or lasting 200 years: a bicentennial period.
- occurring every 200 years: the bicentennial return of a comet.
- a 200th anniversary: The United States had its bicentennial in 1976.
- a celebration of such an anniversary.
Also especially British, bicentenary.
Origin of bicentennial
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Word Origin and History for bicentennials
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper