- made or consisting of two metals.
- of or relating to a bimetal.
- pertaining to bimetallism.
- Engraving. (of an offset plate) consisting of a face layer of chromium, stainless steel, or chemically prepared aluminum over a layer of copper.
Origin of bimetallic
Examples from the Web for bimetallic
Historical Examples of bimetallic
It proves the humbug of the Bimetallic position up to the hilt.
The flame of the burners is regulated by a bimetallic thermostat.
He does not quibble as to the most important point in the bimetallic controversy.Money
John P. Jones
It is thus that Mr. Lepper creates a bimetallic system of money.The Arena
The merit of the bimetallic scheme does not depend on this at all.Readings in Money and Banking
Chester Arthur Phillips
- consisting of two metals
- of, relating to, or based on bimetallism