- the calculation of the probable duration of human life.
- biometrics(def 1).
Origin of biometry
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for biometry
Historical Examples of biometry
It has been often supposed that the methods of the two schools (biometry and Mendelism) are antagonistic.
Biometry (life measure), the study of biology by statistical methods.
- the analysis of biological data using mathematical and statistical methods
- the practice of digitally scanning the physiological or behavioural characteristics of individuals as a means of identification
- the statistical calculation of the probable duration of human life
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The statistical analysis of biological data.biometrics
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.