- a chart or diagram using labeled blocks connected by straight lines to represent the relationship of parts or phases, as the steps in a data-processing application.Compare flow chart(def 2).
- Geology. a perspective representation of the geology of an area showing surface contours and generally including two vertical cross sections.
Origin of block diagram
First recorded in 1920–25
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a diagram showing the interconnections between the parts of an industrial process
- a three-dimensional drawing representing a block of the earth's crust, showing geological structure
- computing a diagram showing the interconnections between electronic components or parts of a program
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012