- a person's brother by birth.
- a male person bound to another by ties of great friendship.
- something usually associated with or thought to exist inseparably from another thing, quality, circumstance, etc.: Humility is often the blood brother of patience.
- a male established in a close relationship with another male through the performance of a specific ritual, as the commingling of blood.
Origin of blood brother
Examples from the Web for blood brother
Historical Examples of blood brother
And how I've given you the love of a blood-brother to take the place of the brother who died?Riders of the Silences
What am I to do when a blood-brother is on the point of killing a cow?Indian Home Rule
M. K. Gandhi
Something—the blood-brother of death—had been here on this planet, that much was certain.Thompson's Cat
Robert Moore Williams
Though he were the King's blood-brother, he should tell for naught.The Ward of King Canute
Ottilie A. Liljencrantz
Herein he is as unaccountable as the gray wolf, who is his blood-brother.Life's Handicap
- a brother by birth
- a man or boy who has sworn to treat another as his brother, often in a ceremony in which their blood is mingled