- a bluish-gray winter color phase of the Arctic fox, Alopex lagopus.
- the Arctic fox in summer pelage.
- the blue fur of this animal.
- any white fox fur dyed blue.
Origin of blue fox
Examples from the Web for blue fox
Historical Examples of blue fox
Is not Blue-fox satisfied with the way in which I have received him and his companions?
In a few words Blue-fox explained to them what was occurring.
Blue-fox, dangerously wounded, was lying in a state of insensibility.
Blue-fox is dead; my eyes only see here an Apache Chief, that is to say, an enemy.
"When Blue-fox asks me for it, he will find it there," he said, as he pointed to it.
- a variety of the arctic fox that has a pale grey winter coat and is bred for its fur
- the fur of this animal