- BillBojangles, 1878–1949, U.S. tap dancer.
- Board·man [bawrd-muh n, bohrd-] /ˈbɔrd mən, ˈboʊrd-/, 1876–1952, U.S. painter and illustrator, born in Nova Scotia.
- Brooks Calbert,born 1937, U.S. baseball player.
- Edward G.Emanuel Goldenberg, 1893–1973, U.S. actor, born in Romania.
- Edwin Arlington,1869–1935, U.S. poet.
- Frank,born 1935, U.S. baseball player: first black manager in Major Leagues, 1975.
- Frederick John, Viscount Gode·rich [gohd-rich] /ˈgoʊd rɪtʃ/, 1st Earl of Ripon,1782–1859, British statesman: prime minister 1827–28.
- Jack RooseveltJackie, 1919–72, U.S. baseball player.
- James Harvey,1863–1936, U.S. historian.
- Mary,born 1944, Irish lawyer and politician: first woman president 1990–97.
- RayWalker SmithSugar Ray, 1921–1989, U.S. boxer.
- Sir Robert,1886–1975, English chemist: Nobel prize 1947.
- a male given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Edward G., real name Emanuel Goldenberg . 1893–1973, US film actor, born in Romania, famous esp for gangster roles. His films include Little Caesar (1930), Brother Orchid (1940), Double Indemnity (1944), and All My Sons (1948)
- Edward Arlington . 1869–1935, US poet, author of narrative verse, often based on Arthurian legend. His works include Collected Poems (1922), The Man Who Died Twice (1924), and Tristram (1927)
- (William) Heath . 1872–1944, British cartoonist and book illustrator, best known for his comic drawings of fantastic machines
- John (Arthur Thomas)1919–83, British bishop and theologian, best known for his controversial Honest to God (1963), which popularized radical theological discussion. He was suffragan Bishop of Woolwich (1959–69)
- Mary . born 1944, Irish barrister and politician: president of Ireland 1990–97; UN high commissioner for human rights (1997–2002)
- Smokey, real name William Robinson . born 1940, US Motown singer, songwriter, and producer. His hits include "The Tears of a Clown" (1970) (with the Miracles) and "Being with you" (1981)
- "Sugar" Ray, real name Walker Smith . 1921–89, US boxer, winner of the world middleweight championship on five separate occasions
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Idioms and Phrases with bojangles
see before you can say Jack Robinson.
The American Heritage® Idioms Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.