- a round or melon-shaped frozen mold made from a combination of ice creams, mousses, or ices.
Origin of bombe
- curving or swelling outward.
Origin of bombé
Examples from the Web for bombe
Historical Examples of bombe
"I think I do," I said, with an expressive nod at the remnants of the bombe melting slowly in the dish.A Set of Six
The menu consisted of dishes with such improvised names as "crevettes l'Amricaine," "bombe la Lincoln," etc.Under Four Administrations
Oscar S. Straus
A maitre d'hôtel suggested melons and a suprème with a bombe to follow.The Perfume of Eros: A Fifth Avenue Incident
Always beat whites of eggs on a platter or in a large cake bowl or bombe with a whip, not with a revolving beater.The Laurel Health Cookery
Evora Bucknum Perkins
- Also called: bombe glacée a dessert of ice cream lined or filled with custard, cake crumbs, etc
- a mould shaped like a bomb in which this dessert is made
Word Origin for bombe
- (of furniture) having a projecting swollen shape