- a stupid person; fool; dunce.
- British. a blunder; mistake.
- British. to blunder.
Origin of boob1
- a female breast.
Origin of boob2
- an ignorant or foolish person; booby
- British an embarrassing mistake; blunder
- a female breast
- (intr) British to make a blunder
- a prison
- of poor quality, similar to that provided in prisonboob coffee
Word Origin and History for boobs
"breasts," 1929, U.S. slang, probably from much older term boobies (late 17c.), related to 17c. bubby; perhaps ultimately from Latin puppa, literally "little girl," hence, in child-talk, "breast." Or else it is a natural formation in English (cf. French poupe "teat," German dialectal Bubbi, etc.).
"stupid person," 1909, American English slang, perhaps from booby.