- a city in and the capital of Cher, in central France: cathedral.
- a river in central France, flowing NW to the Loire River. 220 miles (355 km) long.
- a department in central France. 2820 sq. mi. (7305 sq. km). Capital: Bourges.
- a female given name.
Examples from the Web for bourges
Historical Examples of bourges
He gave his name as Auguste Lessite, and believed he was born at Bourges.
At Bourges he applied to the Greek tongue, under the direction of professor Wolmar.Fox's Book of Martyrs
There is also glass of much the same sort at Poitiers, Bourges, and Rheims.The Story of Glass
Sara Ware Bassett
Charles held an assembly at Bourges in the month of July, 1438.
The Pragmatic Sanction of Bourges embraces twenty-three articles.
- a city in central France. Pop: 72 480 (1999)
- a department of central France, in E Centre region. Capital: Bourges. Pop: 312 277 (2003 est). Area: 7304 sq km (2849 sq miles)
- a river in central France, rising in the Massif Central and flowing northwest to the Loire. Length: 354 km (220 miles)
U.S. pop performer, born Cherilyn Sarkisian (1946). As a given name for girls in U.S., it hit a bump of popularity 1972-73 around the time she starred in a popular TV variety show.