- Mexican name of Rio Grande(def 1).
[ree-oh grand, gran-dee, grahn-dey for 1; Portuguese ree-oo grahn-di for 2, 3]
- Mexican Rio Bravo. a river flowing from SW Colorado through central New Mexico and along the boundary between Texas and Mexico into the Gulf of Mexico. 1800 miles (2900 km) long.
- a river flowing W from SE Brazil into the Paraná River. 650 miles (1050 km) long.
- Also called Rio Grande do Sul. São Pedro do Río Grande do Sul.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the Mexican name for the Rio Grande
- (ˈriːəʊ ˈɡrænd, ˈɡrændɪ) a river in North America, rising in SW Colorado and flowing southeast to the Gulf of Mexico, forming the border between the US and Mexico. Length: about 3030 km (1885 miles)Mexican name: Río Bravo
- (Portuguese ˈriu ˈɡrəndi) a port in SE Brazil, in SE Rio Grande do Sul state: serves as the port for Porto Alegre. Pop: 188 000 (2005 est)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
[(ree-oh grand, gran-dee)]
The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.