- a crumb of bread, either dried or soft.
- Usually breadcrumbs. Also called breadcrumb trail. Digital Technology. a sequence of text links on the current page of a website or web-based application, usually at the top, showing the page's location within a hierarchy of content or browsing history and providing a convenient navigational tool: Online shoppers can use breadcrumbs to see other products in the same category.
Origin of breadcrumb
Examples from the Web for breadcrumb
Historical Examples of breadcrumb
At that, I hold no brief for the pheasant—except when served with breadcrumb dressing and currant jelly he is no friend of mine.Europe Revised
Irvin S. Cobb
When quite cool and firm, divide in six parts, giving each the shape of a small cutlet; egg and breadcrumb twice.Soyer's Culinary Campaign
Be careful to save the vegetable that you scoop out and mix it with the curry and breadcrumb mixture.
When syrup has reached the stage that it forms a hard ball in water, pour over the breadcrumb mixture.
When cold, roll it into large boudins the shape of sausages, egg and breadcrumb, and fry.Dressed Game and Poultry la Mode
Harriet A. de Salis
- the soft inner part of bread
- (plural) bread crumbled into small fragments, as for use in cooking
- to coat (food) with breadcrumbsegg and breadcrumb the escalopes