- a salt of bromic acid.
- to treat with bromine; brominate.
Origin of bromate
Examples from the Web for bromate
Historical Examples of bromate
A mixture of bromate and chloride of silver will precipitate.
By heating the bromate it was partially converted into the bromide, and the resulting mixture was distilled with sulphuric acid.
The potassium chlorate was also found to contain appreciable quantities of bromate.America's Munitions 1917-1918
- any salt or ester of bromic acid, containing the monovalent group -BrO 3 or ion BrO 3 –
- to add bromate to (a product), as in the treatment of flour
Word Origin for bromate
- A salt of bromic acid.
- An ion of bromic acid.
- To treat a substance chemically with a bromate.
- A salt or ester containing the group BrO3.